THE NERACOOS NETWORK
THE NERACOOS NETWORK
Meet the NERACOOS System Operators, Partners, Members, and Board of Directors
As the owners and operators of NERACOOS’s observing assets, our System Operators play a key role in our monitoring and modeling efforts.
These organizations are integral members of the NERACOOS network, providing critical leadership, support, and expertise on projects that advance our understanding of Northeast marine ecosystems.
The federal funding we receive provides a critical base of support, but in order to maintain and repair infrastructure, NERACOOS relies on the revenue from memberships to keep our system operating and improving.
NERACOOS members understand the importance of having high quality, real time ocean observations, and choose to support us in our efforts to provide the best information possible. Thank you so much for your contributions and hard work!
These organizations and individuals have generously pledged at a level between $500 and $999.
Melville Cote Jr.
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
The NERACOOS Board of Directors is comprised of stakeholders from each coastal New England state, representing both public and private sector industries. The Northeast Regional Ocean Council (NROC), and the Northeast Academic Consortium (NEAC), members from which comprised the first iteration of the NERACOOS Board, still participate through specific appointments. The first Board of Directors meeting was held on November 13, 2008, at which time the NERACOOS Bylaws were adopted.
Documents related to Board operations, including meeting minutes, can be found on the Governance page.
This list is current as of August, 2022.
- PRESIDENT: Rhonda Moniz (Underwater Investigative Group)
- VICE PRESIDENT: Nicole Bartlett (NOAA North Atlantic Regional Team)
- SECRETARY: Prassede Vella (MA Coastal Zone Management/MassBays NEP)
- TREASURER: Chris Williams (NH Department of Environmental Services)
- Nicole Bartlett (NOAA North Atlantic Regional Team)
- David Ullman (University of Rhode Island)
- Diane Foster (University of New Hampshire)
- Larry Alade (NOAA Northeast Fisheries Science Center)
- Aleck Wang (Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution)
- Dave Hebert (Bedford Institute of Oceanography)
- Neal Pettigrew (University of Maine)
- Jim O’Donnell (University of Connecticut)
- Steve Lohrenz (University of Massachusetts Dartmouth)
- Chris Williams (New Hampshire Department of Environmental Services)
- Kevin O’Brien (Connecticut Department of Energy and Environmental Protection)
- Prassede Vella (Mass Coastal Zone Management/MassBays NEP)
- Claire Enterline (Maine Department of Marine Resources)
- Todd Morrison (Nobska)
- Rhonda Moniz (Underwater Investigative Group)
- Jason Goldstein (Wells National Estuarine Research Reserve)
- Pamela DiBona (MassBays National Estuary Partnership)
- Tom Pham (Mass. Maritime Academy)
- Janet Duffy-Anderson (Gulf of Maine Research Institute)
- Shayla Fitzimmons (CIOOS Atlantic)
- Regina Lyons (Environmental Protection Agency)
- Ted Diers (New Hampshire Department of Environmental Services) for Chris Williams
- Paula Fratantoni (NOAA) for Nicole Bartlett
- EXECUTIVE: Rhonda Moniz, Nicole Bartlett, Chris Williams, Prassede Vella
- FINANCE: Chris Williams, Jim O’Donnell, Pam DiBona, Kevin O’Brien
- NOMINATING: Jason Goldstein, Regina Lyons, Rhonda Moniz