NERACOOS buoy observations are available 24 hours a day over a touch-tone or cell phone thanks to a partnership with the National Atmospheric and Oceanic Administration (NOAA) National Data Buoy Center’s (NDBC) Dial-A-Buoy service.
Dial-A-Buoy Service Provides:
- hourly updates on weather and ocean conditions from NERACOOS buoys, NOAA buoys and NOAA C-MAN stations throughout the Gulf of Maine
- the most recent NOAA marine forecast
- access to marine observations at your convenience
For detailed information about the Dial-A-Buoy service please visit NOAA’s Dial-A-Buoy website.
- Call the National Data Buoy Center's Dial-A-Buoy service at 888-701-8992.
- If you know the station identifier, enter 1 and then enter the five-digit (or character) identifier in response to the prompt. Station identifiers for the NERACOOS buoys can be found in the table below.
- The system will ask you to confirm that your entry was correct by pressing 1. After a few seconds, you will hear the latest buoy or C-MAN observation read via computer- generated voice.
- If you do not know the identifier, choose option 2 for the nearest stations to a latitude and longitude entry. Or, choose option 3 to receive a map by fax showing station locations, just enter your fax number.
Please be patient and wait for the system to finish prompting you; Dial-A-Buoy will not understand your entry if you are too fast.
|NERACOOS Buoy and Location||NOAA Station Identifier|
|B||W. Maine Shelf||44030|
|E||Central Maine Shelf||44032|
|F||W. Penobscot Bay||44033|
|I||E. Maine Shelf||44034|
|Execution Rocks, Long Island Sound||44022|
|Western Long Island Sound||44040|
|Central Long Island Sound||44039|
|Eastern Long Island Sound||44060|